Thursday, March 17, 2011

Other studios

If hardcore, strict ballet teaching isn't your style, then there are other studios out there for you, especially in Boca Raton.

The first studio is one that has many memories for me! When I moved to Boca when I was four I had to find a new studio in order to continue my love for dancing. My mom stumbled upon Dance Academy of Boca Raton. When I attended here it was run by Ms. Shirly, however several years ago it was bought by someone else. This dance school has some interesting history within Boca Raton. It was established in 1963 and is the oldest dance school in Boca. They are currently accepting applications for fall registration. Call (561) 395-4797

View Larger Map

The second dance studio is Jewles Dance. This company is where I got my start, at least for a year, in competition dance. This studio wasn't one of my favorites due to the fact that with my extensive training I felt like I wasn't going anywhere. This studio is a good starting place for those who want to learn to dance and don't want to make it their life. One good thing I did see on their website was that Billy Bell from So You Think You Can Dance and a friend of mine from Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts is a guest teacher there! I'm trying to get more information on when he will be back to teach a class. Once I obtain that information, I'll get it to you!

View Larger Map

Another studio in Boca that I'm not too familiar with is Mrs. P's Dance & Acrobatic. I do know that they are dance studio who competes are local compeitions, other than that the website has been helpful in telling me more about this studio.

This studio is different from the rest because they don't offer juts ballet. They offer:
  • Ballet
  • Pointe
  • Jazz
  • Tap
  • Acrobatics
  • Hip Hop
  • Musical Theater
  • Lyrical
  • Voice
  • Modern
As a dancer I don't know why a dance studio would offer voice lessons because you NEVER use your voice in dance, but okay then!

This dance studio, like all the others, has a dress code, but this dress code is something I have never seen. For jazz and tap you are only allowed to wear tan shoes. That seems strange to me. I guess if I were to go back to dancing, this studio wouldn't be the one for me.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment